Re: audacious 2.3 or 2.4 in squeeze

Am Sonntag, den 05.09.2010, 00:20 +0100 schrieb Neil Williams:
> On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 00:51:04 +0200
> Benjamin Drung <bdrung@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I like to hear your opinion which audacious version should be shipped
> > in squeeze. The current version in squeeze is 2.3-2. I recommend to
> > use 2.4 for squeeze, because
> >
> > * It fixes the serious bug #594519 and six other bugs
>
> Can the fix for #594519 be backported?

Probably. Repack the source and edit configure{,.ac}.

> Are any of the other bug fixes sufficiently important to merit a freeze
> exception on their own?
>
> > These things need to be done if we want to ship 2.4.0 in squeeze:
> > * libmowgli 0.7.0-2 from experimental needs to be uploaded to unstable
>
> To me, it seems too far into the freeze, especially if this new
> dependency is not part of the fix for the RC bug.

It's not a new dependency. audacious just requires a newer version of
libmowgli. audacious 2.3 would benefit from updating libmowgli too.

> > * A transition is required (four rdeps)
>
> ... and that helps the release of Squeeze how?

That a drawback of getting a better version of audacious in the archive
and making upstream happy.

> Has a simpler fix for #594519 been investigated, based on 2.3?

Not yet.

--
Benjamin Drung
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Maintainer (www.debian.org)