git for Squeeze

Hi Gerrit,

Gerrit Pape wrote:

> I'm afraid I won't be back to Debian work for long.  Do you suggest to
> upload your proposed package to sid?  Is it a candidate for squeeze?

Ok, I've fixed the instaweb bug.  An updated package is available:

	git://repo.or.cz/debian-git/jrn.git proposed-updates
	http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/git/git_1.7.2.3-1.dsc

As for the fix[1] to bug #592733: Eric says

	Untested, but everything looks reasonable to me, thanks!

and it works very well for me (better than instaweb in lenny), so I
think we should go with it.

As for squeeze candidacy: I would like it to be but I do not know.
I last discussed it on debian-release[2] two weeks ago; unfortunately
I was too slow to move this forward before the freeze got more solid.
I guess it is much safer to upload to experimental and ask.

Thoughts?
Jonathan

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.bugs.general/736724/focus=155224
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2010/08/msg01089.html