Re: Freeze exception for virtualbox

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:14:50 +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 06:35:48PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > Then can you help with the second part of my question?  I still don't
> > think I can review a 16k lines diff, or an iso.
>
> Well neither can I. I have no idea how to help you with a review. I can give
> you details of the changes in the packaging, but I doubt this is what you're
> looking for. Would it help to splt up the changes into different patches? But
> the size will remain the same that way.

So for example you could strip out the translation stuff, or the solaris
code, and whatever else is irrelevant.

And provide a way to see what the changes to vbox-guest-additions are,
other than 'Binary file changed', which is not overly helpful.

> I trust upstream that they know there code and I really think we should add bug
> fixes for squeeze if we can. Again, if there was a new feature in there I
> wouldn't even ask. Here's what they say:

I don't trust anybody to write 16kloc without bugs.

> Oracle today released VirtualBox 3.2.8, a maintenance release of VirtualBox 3.2
> which improves stability and fixes regressions. See the ChangeLog for details.

I'm not sure what that means.

Cheers,
Julien