Re: Bug #580398: upload to t-p-u.

Hello,

* Adam D. Barratt [Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 01:41:40PM +0100]:
> On Tue, August 31, 2010 12:51, Laurent Fousse wrote:
> > I just uploaded gmp-ecm 6.2-2squeeze1 to t-p-u.
>
> In general, one should check before uploading to t-p-u.

Ok. I'll do that next time.

> The upload FTBFS on mips{,el} and sparc.  The mips* error is:

Thank you for the notice.
For some reason, this only minimally modified version
of the package currently in testing fails, as newer versions in
unstable did. They got fixed, and the build failure in testing was
undetected because for some reason it did not happen at the time.

So today I uploaded gmp-ecm_6.3-4 in unstable, which builds fine on
all archs. For this, I forced the compiler version gcc-4.3 on sparc.
My point of view is that trying to fix #580398 by tweaking the testing
version is not worth it, and the best course of action is to have
6.3-4 in testing. And forget about 6.2-2squeeze1 because of the
obsolete build failures on mips (sorry for the noise...), and
investigate the compiler issue separately.

Regards,

Laurent.