Re: Unblock request for ldns 1.6.6-1, dnsruby 1.49-1 and opendnssec 1.1.2-1

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 14:31:52 +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:

> No Debian packaging changes. Please Cc: me if you have any questions.
>
> opendnssec 1.1.2 is just a bug fix release, upstream changelog:
>
>         * ods-control stop did not stopped zone fetcher (bug was
> introduced in 1.1.0)
>         * Auditor correctly handles chains of empty nonterminals
>         * Zone fetcher can block zone transfers if AXFR once failed.
> This is a bug in ldns versions 1.6.5 and lower. See KNOWN_ISSUES for
> more information.
>         * Bugreport #165: Ensure Output SOA serial is always bigger
> than Input SOA serial.
>         * Bugreport #166: Correct exit value from signer.
>         * Bugreport #167: Zone fetcher now also picks up changes when
> zonelist is reloaded
>         * Bugreport #168: ods-control with tightened control for the Enforcer
>         * Bugreport #169: Do not include config.h in the distribution
>         * Bugreport #170: Typo in a man page (ods-signer)
>         * Bugreport #172: Correction of some macros in a man page (ods-timing)
>         * Bugreport #173: A man page used a macro that does not exist
> (ods-ksmutil)
>
> Please note that I will upload 1.1.2-1 after dnsruby 1.49-1 is
> uploaded to main archive.

Hrm.  1.1.1-2 was unblocked, but you didn't give it enough time to make
it into testing...

> And it needs ldns 1.6.6 and dnsruby 1.49 for some bugfixes
> Both are also just a bugfix releases, changelogs:
>
> ldns 1.6.6
> http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/svn/ldns/tags/release-1.6.6/Changelog
>
> 	* Fix ldns_rr_clone to copy question rrs properly.
> 	* Fix ldns_sign_zone(_nsec3) to clone the soa for the new zone.
> 	* Fix ldns_wire2dname size check from reading 1 byte beyond buffer end.
> 	* Fix ldns_wire2dname from reading 1 byte beyond end for pointer.
> 	* Fix crash using GOST for particular platform configurations.
> 	* extern C declarations used in the header file.
> 	* Removed debug fprintf from resolver.c.
> 	* ldns-signzone checks if public key file is for the right zone.
> 	* NETLDNS, .NET port of ldns functionality, by Alex Nicoll, in contrib.
> 	* Fix handling of comments in resolv.conf parse.
> 	* GOST code enabled if SSL recent, RFC 5933.
> 	* bugfix #317: segfault util.c ldns_init_random() fixed.
> 	* Fix ldns_tsig_mac_new: allocate enough memory for the hash, fix use of
> 	  b64_pton_calculate_size.
> 	* Fix ldns_dname_cat: size calculation and handling of realloc().
> 	* Fix ldns_rr_pop_rdf: fix handling of realloc().
> 	* Fix ldns-signzone for single type key scheme: sign whole zone if there
> 	  are only KSKs.
> 	* Fix ldns_resolver: also close socket if AXFR failed (if you don't,
>           it would block subsequent transfers (thanks Roland van Rijswijk).
>         * Fix drill: allow for a secure trace if you use DS records as trust
> 	  anchors (thanks Jan Komissar).

Most of it seems to be autotools noise, but still... Care to provide a
stripped down diff?

> dnsruby 1.49
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/shownotes.php?group_id=2387&release_id=44440\
>
>         * Socket memory leak plugged in select_thread.
>         * Fix OSX errors for TCP.
>         * Fix ZoneReader truncation for heavily escaped TXT records.

Will look at this one later.

Cheers,
Julien