Re: Freeze exception slim 1.3.1-7

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 00:27:52 +0900, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:

> Hi, Release team.
>
> I'd like to ask for a freeze exception for slim 1.3.1-7.
> This version was revised 1 RC bug and the problem that user cannot
> use on kfreebsd.

FWIW (I said that before, but I guess I'll have to say it again, since
it got reintroduced in the archive), I don't think we should ship slim.
We have other display managers, and slim keeps having security issues
that show a lack of security awareness from the authors, and absence of
audit.  For code that runs as root, I'm unimpressed.

Cheers,
Julien