Re: arno-iptable-firewall: bugfix backport or new upstream service release for squeeze?

On 08/26/2010 02:56 PM, Michael Hanke wrote:
> Dear Release Team,
>
> one of my packages (arno-iptables-firewall) just got a bugreport
> that it leave machines open to IPv6 connections. It could be argued
> that #594326 is an RC-bug instead of "just" important -- what it is
> now.
>
> A fix has been made upstream.  My question is now whether you'd
> prefer a backported bugfix for squeeze (which would be trivial), or
> whether you'd support a new upstream _bugfix_ release that also
> addresses this and a number of other bugs of lower severity? See
> e.g. #594345 and this changelog excerpt:

In general, a backported bugfix is preferred. However, a diff between
the two versions would help us to decide on whether it is worth
including the new release. Could you please provide such a diff?

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/