Re: freeze exception: lynx-cur 2.8.8dev5-1

Hi,

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:50:23 +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:

> * You don't need to close bugs you forgot to close earlier in the changelog.
>   This even messes up version tracking, as the bug will be marked as closed in
>   the wrong version.

Okay.

> * "A fix for #592078 with patch-3 is not necessary so removed it."
>   You did not remove the patch but commented it out from series.  This is a
>   pain, if you review patch files and then notice that it has actually been
>   added commented out.

Hmm, I've used patch-3 for a temporary patch from time to time,
especially for a patch sent privately from the upstream author.
And when it became unnecessary with a new upstream release, I
commented patch-3 from 00list.  Further, I use CVS to maintain
lynx-cur so I'm afraid "removing a file" might cause trouble
and it's my style to remove unnecessary patch form 00list.
But if it is really bad way to do, I'll make patch-3 empty file
or so.

> * The truncation of strlen from size_t to int on strlen in src/GridText.c
>   looks bogus to me.  Why is that valid?  How does it help?

Do you mean content of patch-3?
I don't know how it helps but it is a code of the upstream
and not my modification.
If really necessary I'll ask this to the upstream but it will
take some time further.

Thanks for your comments but I'd like to know if I should do
something.

Best regards, 	       	       2010-8-26(Thu)

--
 Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>