New version of inkscape to be released the next days

Dear release team,

I am the maintainer of the inkscape vector graphics program and SVG editor.
The inkscape project finished the release of version 0.48.0. The public
announcement happened yesterday. During the last week, I prepared a package
which was uploaded to experimental by my sponsor Guido Günther (CC). It's a
pitty that the release happened a bit too late for the freeze of squeeze, but I
think it would be nice to have version 0.48.0 in our next stable release.

If you agree, I'd prepare a version to be uploaded 0.48.0 to unstable.

Thank you very much,

Wolfi

Notable improvements:
* multipath editing
* improved text tool: subscript, superscript, numerical input for text kerning,
  tracking and more
* new Airbrush tool
* LaTeX export with PDF/PS/EPS
* new and improved extensions, especially the JessyInk extension to create
  presentations
* numerous bugfixes
* new features

For a full list of changes please have a look at
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/0.48

Inkscape has the following reverse dependencies:
wolfi@piak:~$ apt-cache rdepends inkscape
inkscape
Reverse Depends:
  zoomer
  phatch
  openclipart-svg
  open-font-design-toolkit
  gnome-office
  lyx
  kdesdk-misc
  ink-generator
  ezgo-imaging
  education-graphics
  education-desktop-other
  education-desktop-lxde
  education-desktop-gnome
  brdesktop-gnome

There is as AFAIK only one package which build-depends on inkscape:
openclipart. I I just verified that the new version of inkscape is able to
build the package as well as the old one.