Re: binNMU order of ObjC/GNUstep packages

On 08/23/2010 10:34 AM, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> В Mon, 23 Aug 2010 07:55:44 +0200, Mehdi Dogguy написа:
>> The transition monitor shows that order. If the order inferred from
>> the build-dependencies is incorrect, then there is a problem in
>> your packages.
>
> There is no problem with the build-dependencies.  The only problem is
> when a package gets uploaded before its dependency is binNMUed, and
> we forget to rebuild it afterwards.  The transition monitor does not
> show such cases.

That's right. I spotted them because I've analysed the set of packages
before starting binNMU'ing. That said, you could also set "good"
dependencies like what has been done for OCaml packages for instance and
make them not installable if it doesn't match your criteria (which is
way better than errors at runtime or hidden breakages).

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/