Re: Possibility of getting an up-to-date version of Wine into Squeeze

* Ove Kaaven (ovek@arcticnet.no) [100821 04:03]:
> 1. Get wine-gecko built on Debian. Apparently gcc-mingw32 4.4.4 did not
> solve all the problems with it, gcc-mingw32 would apparently have to be
> upgraded all the way to 4.5.0 to build a fully working package. Not sure
> if the release team will accept that, and even if they did, packaging
> Wine 1.2 for squeeze will, by now, be a rush job that may result in a
> package with serious problems.

Same here - can we please first see gcc-mingw32 in experimental before
discussing about unstable?

> 2. Allow wine to download upstream's wine-gecko binaries over the
> Internet, as it does by default.

Not an option. Even not for experimental.

> 3. Disable the wine-gecko download. This results in a crippled Wine, and
> both upstream and users will hate us.

Still better than 2.

> 4. Leave things as they are. If users want Wine 1.2, let them use
> backports.org or similar, or even download upstream's own Debian
> packages if they prefer.

Even in that case, we need to fix the issues (perhaps not in the same
hurry, but we need to).

Andi