Re: Updating system-config-printer

On 19.08.2010 20:47, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le jeudi 19 août 2010 à 18:36 +0200, Guido Günther a écrit :
>> It fixes a great deal of important bugs against the package
>> and allows to run the GNOME desktop without hal. Are there any chances
>> to get this into squeeze? system-config-printer-kde has also been
>> updated to work with the cupshelpers from system-config-printer.
>
> I strongly recommend including this new version in squeeze. HAL must
> die.

Yeah. And system-config-printer is the only remaining package in the default
GNOME desktop installation, which pulls hal as a dependency [1]. All other
packages have been updated.

I've been working hard to get all relevant packages updated so it would be a
shame if we miss that goal by a single package.

In short, I also strongly recommend to update s-c-p.

I've also been using the new version since a few weeks and it has been working
fine for me.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/HALRemoval