Re: Please unblock clamav-data

Marc,

On 08/16/2010 10:56 AM, Marc Haber wrote:
Please unblock clamav-data as this will bring more virus signatures
into lenny. The package is built and tested automatically inside the
debian-volatile infrastructure.

well, it's neither built nor tested inside the debian-volatile infrastructure, but outside of it. Apart from that, please see [0].

The volatile infrastructure for squeeze will be hosted on ftp-master. Unless ftp-master agrees (Cc'ed) to have automatic building and testing somewhere trusted and installed into the main archive without a developer's signature, I don't see how we can continue this service. Technically it might work for data packages like this to ensure they only contain data, on the other hand, setting up a local mirror for clamav isn't hard. (Basically setting up freshclam and pointing a vhost to it, then pointing the clamav hosts to it.) It might be better documented in the packaging of clamav, though (maintainers Cc'ed).

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile-announce/2009/msg00003.html