Re: misc unblocks

* Betr.: " Re: misc unblocks" (Wed, 18 Aug 2010 20:40:55 +0100):

> On Sun, 2010-08-15 at 21:50 +0200, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > For the special case of release 1.6.1:
> > Release 1.6 contained some heavy rewrites and cleanup of version 1.4.
> > Unfortunately there was lost just one really important functionality of 1.4
> > in 1.6.0, which made unluckily this release almost unusable for some special
> > implementations relying on this functionality. This essential fix (besides
> > important others) is included in 1.6.1 and should be contained by all means
> > in the next Debian stable release.
>
> What was the "really important functionality" which was affected?

The most important fix is for https://bugs.tryton.org/roundup/issue1609:
Passing values to fields with the python context was broken, thus breaking the
functionality of entire modules, because default values were not be set any
more. The fixes are in
http://hg.tryton.org/hgwebdir.cgi/tryton/rev/6e20571014d2 and
http://hg.tryton.org/hgwebdir.cgi/tryton/rev/b57982ac70d2

Other important fixes are

https://bugs.tryton.org/roundup/issue1619:
Fix of fingerprint check for ssl connections. With python implementations
lacking getpeercert functionality (python<2.6) secure connections were
impossible. Fixed with
http://hg.tryton.org/hgwebdir.cgi/tryton/rev/7ce317af1658

https://bugs.tryton.org/roundup/issue1521:
Wizard sizes were not stored any more, introducing an important regression in
usability, thus making this release almost unusable for implementations making
heavy usage of wizards. Fixed with
http://hg.tryton.org/hgwebdir.cgi/tryton/rev/dc7b75fd798a

https://bugs.tryton.org/roundup/issue1575:
Fixing the usage of Decimal and Float for XML-RPC, which was broken for
on_change calls via XML-RPC. Fixed with
http://hg.tryton.org/trytond/rev/15c673a1072d

https://bugs.tryton.org/roundup/issue1507:
Enabling the compatibility for the printing of reports with OpenOffice.org 3.2.
Without this fix it is impossible to use the OOo contained in squeeze. Fixed
with
http://hg.tryton.org/trytond/rev/3888542922ca

Those are the most important fixes being indeed essential for the usage and
functionality of Tryton. From my point of views it is even not advisable to
recommend the usage of version 1.6.0 of Tryton. It is really important to get
1.6.1 into squeeze.

Regards,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://mbsolutions.selfip.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6