RFC: SQLite3 in Squeeze

Hi Release Team,

There's a problem with SQLite3 3.7.0 in Squeeze.
The version in testing (3.6.23.1-4) was suitable to release. Next major
upstream version (3.7.0) was released, which was uploaded to unstable.
Then freeze happened. The latest release came with problems, like slow
song change with Banshee (reported as #591298 [1]). In that bugreport I
noted that v3.7.0 has a database corruption issue as well and I'm
waiting for v3.7.0.1 to be released. Then I had to travel for some days.
The bad thing is, that Iain Lane was so disappointed with the slow
Banshee song change that he prepared an NMU of SQLite3 with a backported
fix of that slowness. Julien Cristau uploaded his NMU, with high
urgency. Both of them ignored the fact that there's an unfixed database
corruption issue in that NMU. The bad thing is, somehow 3.7.0-1.1
migrated to Squeeze, even if it was not affected by this bug. As 3.7.0.1
was released (fixing an other performance regression and the potential
database corruption), I have uploaded it to unstable and it's ready to
migrate. The problem is, the performance regression hit by Banshee is
still present.

While it would be good to have 3.7.0.1-1 in testing, it's still not
suitable to release because of the latter problem. What should I do? I
don't have package version 3.6.23.1-4 anymore and I don't know when this
bug will be fixed or if it will be easily backportable.

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS