Re: Freeze exception for sssd?

[Philipp Kern]
> I still have to align with Russ' reasoning.  The SRV handling looks
> totally wrong.  To do it this way just to accommodate a certain
> broken site does not look like technical excellence to me.  Sorry.

Well, the options at this time is to (1) release sssd without any
automatic configuration (version 1.2.1-1), ensuring it require manual
configuration at all sites or (2) updating the version in testing with
the version in unstable (version 1.2.1-3) which will work for Debian
Edu and site I am working (uio.no) while leaving other sites to still
require other sites to do manual configuration.

The algorithm I implemented will work for sites only providing SRV
entries as well as those like uio.no where service specific DNS
aliases are used for unix clients but not windows clients, instead of
only working for sites where the SRV entries are used for the unix
clients.  The alternative algorithm proposed by Ross will fail for
sites using SRV records for windows clients and DNS aliases for unix
clients, and this seem like a bad idea to me.

The implemented algorithm seem to work for mit.edu too (just test
using /usr/lib/sssd/generate-config mit.edu), but I do can only look
at the values and they seem to make sense to me.  I do not really know
if those settings really are the correct ones without a mit.edu
account. :)

Finding an algorithm that will work for more sites would be great, but
seem unlikely at this time in the release cycle, and thus I believe it
is not really an option.

Implementing a algorithm that fail for the only sites I know is not
really an option for me. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen