Re: updated packages for squeeze

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 13:15:59 +0200, Arthur de Jong wrote:

> I'm a bit late with this but I didn't have the time and energy before my
> vacation and some things came up very late. Do you think I can get the
> following changes into squeeze (I haven't uploaded to unstable yet):
>

> cvsd (1.0.19) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
>
>   * cvsd-buildroot: ignore commented out lines in CVSROOT/passwd files
>   * cvsd-buildroot: set an umask for generated files
>   * some documentation updates
>   * change init script dependency on $remote_fs (for /usr) from Should
>     to Required (thanks lintian)
>   * upgrade to standards-version 3.9.1 (no changes needed)
>   * switch to "3.0 (native)" format

I'd avoid the package format change if possible.  The rest sounds fine.

> These are not extremely critical but all are very minor changes and it
> would be nice to get them fixed for the next stable release. The init
> script change addresses a release goal.

I don't think it is really needed, because $remote_fs is always
available so Should or Required are equivalent.  But it certainly won't
hurt.

> nss-pam-ldapd (0.7.8) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
>
>   * minor portability improvements and cleanups (thanks Alexander V.
>     Chernikov and Ted C. Cheng)
>   * don't expand variables in rest of ${var:-rest} and ${var:+rest}
>     expressions if it is not needed (closes: #592320)
>   * libpam-ldapd.postinst: offer to add ldap to shadow in nsswitch.conf
>     if a potential broken configuration is found (closes: #592104)
>   * merge the suggests of libnss-ldapd and libpam-ldapd into those of
>     the nslcd package to have a single consistent list of PAM
>     alternatives for libnss-ldapd (closes: #591773)
>   * add libpam-sss as an alternative to libpam-ldapd (closes: #591773)
>   * upgrade to standards-version 3.9.1 (no changes needed)
>
> #592320 is minor but a very simple fix, #592104 is important and could
> affect a number of users and may be hard to track down for users,
> #591773 is important for Debian Edu and all other changes are very minor
> and well tested. The change for #592104 will probably require another
> upload with translation updates.

Seems ok.  I'm not sure about modifying nsswitch.conf, but the devil is
probably in the details.  Please request translations early though, if
not already done.

> python-stdnum (0.2-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
>
>   * New upstream release:
>     - rename validate() function to is_valid() for all modules
>     - handle wrong types passed to is_valid() more gracefully
>     - add more tests and fix some minor bugs
>
> Neither of these is critical but I would rather not have python-stdnum
> 0.1 in stable. This package is not important for stable, there are no
> reverse dependencies yet and it is very new. Perhaps removing it from
> squeeze is the best.

Will probably remove it, then.

Thanks,
Julien