Re: emacs23: proposed squeeze update (23.2+1-3)

"Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> writes:

>>   * Don't try to "mkdir $(infodir)" in doc/*/Makefile.in.
>
> That was already listed as being fixed in the NMU, fwiw.

Oh, right.  I overlooked that (I already had the fix in my tree here
too).

> +Standards-Version: 3.7.2
>
> which isn't mentioned in the changelog and seems an unusual thing to
> add. :)

I don't think that's actually an addition, the lines are just in a
different order.

> There's also a couple of build-dependency changes between the NMU (and
> possibly earlier uploads, I only checked the diff against the NMU as I'd
> already unblocked that) and the new upload; were they intentional?

Yes and no.

> quilt (>= 0.42-1~) ->  quilt (>= 0.42)

Sven recommended 0.42 instead of 0.42-1~ since either will work, and
that seemed fine.

> debhelper (>= 7) -> debhelper (>= 7.0.50~)

This is a mistake.  I'll fix it and upload a -4.

> It's more conventional here to include the NMU changelog (so the
> changelog contains -2, -2.1, -3 in that order).  This avoids the large
> diff but also means that the BTS automatically knows that any bugs
> marked as fixed in -2.1 are fixed in -3 without them having to be
> mentioned again in -3.

Hmm, I thought about that, but I didn't because I didn't actually
include exactly the same changes as 2.1, and I wanted to include more
detail in the changelog entries for each change.  I also wanted to keep
the changelog entries consistent (wrt format).

Thanks for the help.
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org