Re: Releasability of the HPPA port

Carlos,

On 08/06/2010 10:48 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
I think we do agree that it will be included into stable for the last time.
Under which metrics or evaluation process is this decision being made?

basically the criteria listed on [0] (which is again not entirely up-to-date, though). I think for hppa it would be mainly architecture availability, keeping the buildds running for yet another stable release until EOL (which would for squeeze probably be now+0,5y+2y+1y=now+3,5y), buildds being redundant hardware-wise, builds not failing for the security in non-obvious manners[1], having some upstream support, etc.

More than one porter is also important so that we are not left alone if the only person working on it needs to shift his/her priorities (c.f. bus factor).

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern

[0] http://release.debian.org/squeeze/arch_qualify.html
[1] Like requiring multiple give-backs until it finally builds.