Re: Releasability of the HPPA port

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 03:30:41AM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Dear HPPA porters, dear HPPA port users,
>
> the Release Team is currently wondering if it makes sense to release with
> HPPA as a regular stable architecture with squeeze.  It might be that
> it is not up to the standards of a regular Debian release.  We seem to
> chase random segmentation faults, causing multiple give-backs to eventually
> yield a built package.

I realize this doesn't address the larger concerns you mention, but..

I've found that a workstation I recently acquired (a c3700) seems
to reliably build packages that reliably fail on our existing
buildds (subversion, for one). I assume CPU architecture differences
allow this box to be immune to the issues causing these builds to
fail.

Due to the formfactor, I don't think HP would be able to host it and
my upstream bandwidth at home is too limited. If the project wanted to
make this machine a buildd and find hosting for it, I'd be willing to
maintain the buildd.

--
dann frazier