Re: Intent to upload git-core to proposed-updates

Hi,
* Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> [2010-07-27 23:36]:
> am Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 06:22:44PM +0200 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> > I'd like to upload a new git-core package to proposed-updates in order to fix
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=590026.
>
> so why exactly do you upload before confirmation?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2010/07/msg00160.html looks like a
confirmation to me.

> > +git-core (1:1.5.6.5-3+lenny4.1) stable; urgency=high
>
> The patch itself looks fine, but the version ought to be 1:1.5.6.5-3+lenny3.1.

I rebuilt the package with this version now, let me know when I should upload
again.

Even if I have to say I don't see the problem here,
1:1.5.6.5-3+lenny4.1 is higher than 1:1.5.6.5-3+lenny3 and I even bumped it to
lenny4 on purpose to mark that it fixes a new security issue and the .1 to
mark that it's not from the maintainer. I know version numbers can be
problematic and therefore are important but in this case I don't really see a
problem apart from nitpicking and I think the time rebuilding the package with
a new version number can be better spent, e.g. with fixing RC bugs.

Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://www.ngolde.de - nion@jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0xA0A0AAAA