Re: RM: twidge/testing [powerpc] -- ROM; powerpc no longer supported

On Mon, July 26, 2010 15:15, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 08:07:22 -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
>
>> Twidge now depends on hoauth.  hoauth depends on haskell-curl, which
>> is broken on powerpc.  Joachim Breitner pointed this out to me,
>> since it's preventing twidge from migrating to testing.
>>
>> I went to file a bug on ftp.debian.org and it suggested I email you
>> instead.
>>
> AFAIK the migration is prevented by the ood binary in unstable, so an
> ftp.d.o bug is the right way.  I don't think -release does binary-only
> removals anyway.

Julien is correct on both counts.  I have a to-do item to provide a patch
for reportbug to direct partial removals towards ftp.d.o even if testing
was selected, but haven't found the appropriate tuit yet.  (It should also
probably file an appropriately user-tagged bug rather than suggesting
mailing the list).

Regards,

Adam