Re: Xapian 1.2 for squeeze?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Xapian 1.2 for squeeze?
- From: Olly Betts <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:58:09 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <20100430014954.GA28221@eisluft> <20100502144840.GA10001@eisluft> <20100505123101.GA725@eisluft> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100514122250.GQ4054@survex.com>
On 2010-05-14, Olly Betts <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:09:08AM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>> The primary issue I can see is that the Xapian transition overlaps with
>> the apt transition. Both are in turn currently blocked by the fact that
>> aptitude FTBFS on s390.
> #580085 - looks like it needs someone with aptitude knowledge.
I did a lot of builds on s390 with different GCC options, and found that
compiling with -fno-gcse fixed the testsuite failure. Daniel uploaded
aptitude with this change, and it's just transitioned to testing.
Python 2.6 has also recently been forced into testing.
So I think that means that the only overlap for Xapian now is with the
Is there a plan for what order to do things in? I'm likely to be packaging
a new upstream release (Xapian 1.2.2) in the next few days, so was just
wondering if I should target unstable or experimental.