Re: libtool 2.2.10

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 18:48 +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> I'd like to upload libtool 2.2.10 to unstable.  As far as I know,
> this should be mostly bug fixes.  Can I upload it?

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.  Assuming that
http://savannah.gnu.org/news/atom.php?group=libtool is a complete list
of the changes between versions, then in general it looks ok; there's
one non backwardly compatible change, but I have to admit to not being
entirely sure whether it's likely to be a problem in practise (although
I suspect not):

<quote>
Wrapper scripts and wrapper executables for programs linked against
uninstalled shared libraries now support command-line options --lt-debug
and --lt-dump-script.

Important incompatible changes: - The wrapper command line option
support described above introduces the following incompatibility: the
wrapper will remove any command line options that begin with '--lt-*'
from the argument list before launching (uninstalled) programs. Any
'--lt-*' option on the command line not recognized by the wrapper will
result in an error.
</quote>

Regards,

Adam