Re: graphicsmagick testing propagation

On Tue, April 20, 2010 19:42, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 21:45 +0200, Daniel Kobras wrote:
>> According to http://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=graphicsmagick,
>> graphicsmagick 1.3.12-1 won't transition to testing because it would
>> introduce
>> new bug #559811. However, this bug was closed by the current version in
>> testing, and also doesn't affect the unstable version. This is correctly
>> tracked by the BTS as well, so I wonder why the testing scripts
>> disagree.
>
> britney ("the testing scripts") is provided with the list of RC bugs in
> testing and unstable by the BTS; the list of open bugs in unstable
> includes #559811 but the list for testing does not, hence it being
> classed as a "new" bug.
>
> I can't immediately see why the bug is being included in the list and
> have asked one of the BTS admins if they could have a look.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you again.

This appears to have been a result of the script generating the bug list
on the BTS being confused by the presence of multiple versions of the
source in unstable, one of which was older than the source in testing and
only required to support the outdated hurd-i386 binaries.

The hurd-i386 packages have been removed and graphicsmagick has now migrated.

Regards,

Adam