Re: Waiting for SCons 2.0: rebuild test

Hi,

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 16:30 +0200, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> So, I rebuilt reverse dependencies of SCons to spot some problems, and I
> published my results online. Here is a brief summary:
>
> * 58 packages build-depending on SCons
> * 53 packages built successfully (2 of them needed sourceful changes,
>   such as build-dependency mangling or so, but not related to SCons).
> * 4 packages FTBFS:
> * 1 package has temporary dependency screwup

What specifically does "temporary dependency screwup" mean?

> I have already informed upstream of my rebuild tests, and I hopefully
> will be given instructions on how to properly fix FTBFSes, which I will
> report as important bugs against affected packages. SCons 2.0 release
> should happen in June, if RT does not mind, I intend to upload 2.0 to
> unstable shortafter.

I'm assuming that this is "just" a new upstream version?  i.e. once the
FTBFS packages are fixed and assuming no RC issues in scons itself
appear, there'd be no need for any explicit action from the Release Team
and SCons 2.0 would simply transition to testing once its 10 days were
up?

Regards,

Adam