Re: please unblock: nufw and nuapplet

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 23:48 +0200, Pierre Chifflier wrote:
> I have a problem with some of my packages: nuapplet and nufw (the first
> depends on some libraries provided by the second).
> Recently, there was a bug in nufw causing a build failure in nuapplet [1]
> The transition was then (automatically) blocked for both packages.
>
> I have uploaded new version for both packages which fix several problems
> including the build failure.
> However, the packages are not moving to testing as they should (even
> though the wait period is over). The excuse page lists the old bug [2] [3]
> but this is wrong, both packages now build fine [4]

So far as I can see, the only place a bug is mentioned is in nuapplet's
excuses; that says "fixes old bugs", which is fine.

> Could you remove this block so that both packages can move to testing ?

There isn't any form of active blocking in this case.  The reason the
packages aren't migrating is that libnuclient has changed soname between
the versions in testing and unstable - migrating nufw on its own would
therefore cause the testing version of nuapplet to become uninstallable,
as libnuclient3 would no longer exist in testing; the packages thus need
to migrate together.

I've added a hint to that effect, so the packages should migrate
tonight.

Regards,

Adam