Re: Release update: transitions status and freeze, RC-bugs

[adding -release to Cc]

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 09:58 -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> A forthcoming new upstream version will bump the soname to fix the
> problem, and the few packages that depends on libforms1 will need to be
> rebuilt.
>
> % apt-cache rdepends libforms1 | grep -v libforms
> Reverse Depends:
>   xwatch
>   xplot
>   xcolmix
>   predict-gsat
>   mancala
>   kali
>   jazip
>
> I maintain all but 3 of these packages.  As soon as the new libforms1 is
> ready, I will reset bug #558025 against kali to request a rebuild, and
> will file bugs against the two other packages (predict-gsat, mancala).

Has there been any further update on the new upstream release?  I note
from the bug that the hopeful timeframe was "within the next couple of
weeks" about a week and a half ago, so apologies for chasing but it
would be good to know whether this transition is imminent.

Will any of the packages require sourceful changes, and should binNMUs
suffice?

Regards,

Adam