Re: parted unblock, and upcoming transition

Hi Colin,

just to keep you updated...

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:22:42PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> Speaking of which, I would like to upload parted 2.2 to unstable (it's
> currently in experimental) once 1.8.8.git.2009.07.19-6 reaches testing.
> The reason to try to get this into squeeze is that without it we won't
> properly support "Advanced Format" (i.e. >512-byte logical sectors) hard
> drives, which are becoming increasingly common.  There is an ABI
> transition involved, among the following source packages (maintainers
> CCed):
>
>   devicekit-disks
>   fatresize
>   gnu-fdisk
>   gparted
>   libvirt
>   partconf
>   partitioner
>   partitionmanager
>   partman-base
>   pyparted
>   qtparted
>   udisks

I scheduled some missing binNMUs yesterday and they should be in by tomorrow.
(Lists calculated through `dak rm -s unstable -bpnR libparted0' and
`dak rm -s unstable -bpnR libparted1.8-12'.)  As soon as they are in we need
a decrufting of the old libs and could try some initial hinting afterwards.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager