Re: Add support new architecture

I'm not a member of the release team, but hopefully I can point you at
some docs and save the release team doing so.

There are two separate criteria to be satisfied:

The archive criteria, for getting the arch supported in testing/sid
and available from the official archive and Debian mirrors.

The release criteria, for getting the arch supported in stable and
blocking package testing transitions where there is a bug.

Some links on these are below.

Arch archive criteria:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/archive-criteria.html

Arch archive qualifications for other unofficial ports:

http://wiki.debian.org/ArchiveQualification/arm
http://wiki.debian.org/ArchiveQualification/hurd-i386
http://wiki.debian.org/ArchiveQualification/kfreebsd-amd64
http://wiki.debian.org/ArchiveQualification/kfreebsd-i386
http://wiki.debian.org/ArchiveQualification/m68k

Arch release criteria (looks to be a copy of the lenny one):

http://release.debian.org/squeeze/arch_policy.html

Current arch release status for squeeze:

http://release.debian.org/squeeze/arch_qualify.html

Arch release qualifications for lenny:

http://wiki.debian.org/CategoryLennyReleaseRecertification

There is probably more, like Debian will need porter and buildd
machines, administered by DSA.

--
bye,
pabs