Re: Hardware trouble ries.debian.org - ftpmaster.debian.org / release.d.o services back this weekend

Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> writes:

> That is good news. Forgive me if this has been considered or decided
> already, or even talked about somewhere that I missed - but will all
> packages that were uploaded to sid before the outage, have been aged so
> that they are ready to migrate once FTP-master comes back? It has been
> 10 days afterall. Or can that be made so? Would be nice if we could
> 'catch up' at least that part of the development process.

I don't think that's a very good idea.  The primary purpose of the aging
is to give unstable users a chance to catch significant bugs before the
packages go to testing, and no one has been testing them while they're
sitting in the upload queue.