Re: Bits from the Release Team: What should go into squeeze?

Hello,

Le dimanche 14 mars 2010 à 21:42 +0100, Philipp Kern a écrit :
> Dear fellow developers,
>

> We would like to know what needs attention, what bugs still need to be
> fixed in your package before squeeze is released, which features or new
> upstream versions you want to see in squeeze which are not ready yet.
> Furthermore we would like to get an overview of the remaining transitions
> that need to be done.
It is not a classical transition but the Debian Science team would like
to upload of BLAS / LAPACK and ATLAS this week.
This is described here:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/LinearAlgebraLibraries
I sent an email to debian-release to double check my proposal:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2010/03/msg00051.html
but I haven't received an answer yet.
Updated packages are available in experimental. My tests show it is
working smoothly and I am going to do more tests in the next few days.

These are common libraries in the numerical computing world. ATLAS (an
high performance BLAS implementation) has 4 RCs in testing/unstable
which are going to be fixed with this upload (with many others)
I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks,
Sylvestre