Re: Bits from the Release Team: What should go into squeeze?

* Michal Čihař (nijel@debian.org) [100314 22:30]:
> Hi
>
> Dne Sun, 14 Mar 2010 21:42:58 +0100
> Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> napsal(a):
>
> > From a current point of view squeeze will release with kernel 2.6.32,
> > eglibc 2.11, Python 2.6, X11R7.5, Gnome 2.30, qt 4.6 and KDE 4.4.
> >
> > Transitions we already know about
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > * eglibc 2.11 needs uploading to unstable.
> > * The python, liblo, opencv and imagemagick transitions are currently
> >   worked on.
>
> Once python 2.6 hits unstable, I'd like to upload rpm 4.8 there (it's
> already quite some time in experimental). That will require binNMUs of
> it's rdeps.

Python 2.6 is already in unstable, just not as default. I think this
means that this transition could be started anytime, as soon as all
the rdeps are available for binNMUs. (In other words, please don't
start the transition unless you get an ok by us.)

AFAICS the following packages are affected: ceve dose2 libextractor
pkglab rpm rpm2html

Cheers,
Andi