Re: HPPA and Erlang packages

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@nes.ru> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 8:43 PM,  <he@ftwca.de> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, the binary removal is the best option, if the porters are not able
>> to fix this arch-specific problem. I would like to avoid this at all
>> costs, but it might be the only available solution.
>
> I have added a workaround which disables using vfork() on hppa
> architecture (it is substituted with fork()), so, there's no need in
> removing binary packages. Though it would be better to fix vfork()
> anyway.

Sergei,

This is the workaround I'm going to suggest for now.

I am still working on this issue. Unfortunately I've been pulled away
to track down an HPPA kernel boot issue involving PCI cache line
sizes, and thankfully this issue was just fixed yesterday.

I am back again looking at why vfork() on hppa is failing. I don't
have a good estimate for how long this will take, given that we don't
really understand the nature of the failure. I will keep debian-hppa
updated with the status of my investigations into the issue.

Cheers,
Carlos.