Re: stable-proposed-updates: package slim/1.3.0-1+lenny2

Hi,

Thanks for your check.

2010/2/21 Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
>
> On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 10:41 +0900, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:

>> > Oh, sorry.
>
> Using a different fix isn't forbidden, if there's a good reason (for
> example the package in unstable has changed in ways that make the fix
> inappropriate for stable or mean that it won't apply).
>
> In this particular case the fix used in unstable seems like it would
> apply to stable as well without causing any issues (since only root
> should be able to write to /root anyway) so I was just curious about the
> reason for the change.

This is my mistake. I sent different patches.
The patch which I sent first was made by the package which former
maintainer made.

>> > I attached the patch which I changed in revision of unstable.
>> > Could you check this patch again?
>> >
>> I forgot to attach a patch.
>
> The patch looks fine, thanks.  Proper attribution of the patches would
> be nice though :-) :
>
> +## 05-xauth-cookie-through-pipe.dpatch by  <debian@debian>
> +## 06-lesser-predictible-mcookie.dpatch by  <debian@debian>

I updated author of patch.
I attached the patch which revised this.

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro

--
Nobuhiro Iwamatsu