Re: BinNMU for libjpeg8 transition

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:12:08AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Are any of these packages actually buildable now?  For instance,
>
> This is a good question. Please postpone the binNMU.

Also, it appears my list was truncated.

> I will report the full list of packages that are actually buildable,
> and the the list of -dev package that Depends on libjpeg62-dev.

The following package should be fine for a binNMU: I did a test-build with
pbuilder on i386 this morning.

dcraw 8.86-1
grace 5.1.22-2
hasciicam 1.0-1
htmldoc  1.8.27-4.1
inventor 2.1.5-10-14
libsfml  1.5+repack1-3
nxcomp   3.2.0-7-1.1
steghide 0.5.1-9
vtk      5.2.1-14
xjig     2.4-13

> > anything that depends on libtiff4?-dev is not, because libtiff4-dev
> > depends on libjpeg62-dev.  Neither is anything that depends on
> > libgtk2.0-dev, because of the dependency chain
> > libgtk2.0-dev -> libcairo2-dev -> libdirectfb-dev -> libjpeg62-dev.
>
> Fortunately, while there are a large number of packages that Depends on
> libjpeg62-dev, only a small number are causing conflicts.

Here the list of packages that cause conflicts due to dependencies on
libjpeg62-dev:

libcupsimage2-dev
libdirectfb-dev
libdjvulibre-dev
libgd2-noxpm-dev
libgdal1-dev
libhdf5-serial-dev
libqt3-mt-dev
libsane-dev
libsdl-image1.2-dev
libtiff4-dev
libwmf-dev
libwraster3-dev

They should be updated to Depends and Build-Depends on libjpeg-dev instead.
Unfortunately that is likely to cause packages build-depending on libjpeg62-dev
to fail to build, so they will need to be fixed too.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.