Re: BinNMU for libjpeg8 transition

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:53:17AM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2010-02-09 23:39 +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:

> >> Accordingly, and unless directed otherwise, I will upload a version of
> >> libjpeg8-dev that provides libjpeg-dev on Sunday.
> >
> > Done in version libjpeg8-dev 8-2.
> >
> > Please trigger binNMU for the following packages that build-depends on
> > libjpeg-dev (and not libjpeg62-dev|libjpeg-dev) for rebuilding against
> > libjpeg8-dev 8-2:
> >
> > imagemagick  7:6.5.8.3-1
> > inventor  2.1.5-10-14
> > kwwidgets  1.0.0~cvs20090825-4
> > libphash  0.8.1-1
> > libsfml  1.5+repack1-3
> > libterralib  3.3.1-8
> > mathgl  1.9-2
> > nxcomp  3.2.0-7-1.1
> > openscenegraph  2.8.2-2
> > ossim  1.7.21-1
> > pike7.6  7.6.112-dfsg-1
> > poppler  0.12.2-2.1
> > prima  1.28-1
> > shoes  0.r396-5
> > slicer  3.4.0~svn10438-4
> > steghide  0.5.1-9
> > tipptrainer  0.6.0-16
> > vino  2.28.1-2.1
> > vtk  5.4.2-4
> > vxl  1.13.0-2
> > xen-3  3.4.2-2
> > xjig  2.4-13
> > xnc  5.0.4-4
>
> Are any of these packages actually buildable now?  For instance,

This is a good question. Please postpone the binNMU.
I will report the full list of packages that are actually buildable,
and the the list of -dev package that Depends on libjpeg62-dev.

> anything that depends on libtiff4?-dev is not, because libtiff4-dev
> depends on libjpeg62-dev.  Neither is anything that depends on
> libgtk2.0-dev, because of the dependency chain
> libgtk2.0-dev -> libcairo2-dev -> libdirectfb-dev -> libjpeg62-dev.

Fortunately, while there are a large number of packages that Depends on
libjpeg62-dev, only a small number are causing conflicts.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.