Re: the mangling of ‘va_list’ has changed in GCC 4.4

Hello,

On ketvirtadienis 28 Sausis 2010 21:37:15 Riku Voipio wrote:
> Brilliant! This shall be the plan then:
>
> 1) identify affected libraries (Jakubs list as base?)
> 2) provide patches for the libraries and submit them to BTS
> 3) give maintainers X days to MU the libraries, after that proceed to
> NMU them
> 4) binNMU any packages using the functions with va_list parameters
> 5) release squeeze ;)
> 6) tell maintainers they are free to drop the symbol alias

1. Step 4 is optional and can be skipped.
2. WRT step 6, I don't think it is correct. Maintainer may only drop the alias
when changing the name of the affected library package (most likely due to
soname change). This step is not related to squeeze release.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>