Re: [SRM] Bug #554793

Hi,

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 16:29 +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 05:44:12PM +0000, Tim Small wrote:
> > Just to add some background to this...  The watchdog module is
> > typically deployed on systems which require a high uptime.
>
> To make the decision easier here's also the main part of the patch to be
> applied. Note that I just copied and pasted it and not test it at all, so it
> might still be buggy, but you get the idea.

Yes, a fix for this would be appropriate for s-p-u.

However, before we approve an upload, I would like to see a final - and
tested - debdiff against the current stable package.

>From a quick look at the patch, I noticed this:

+           # make sure that wd_keepalive is started
+           echo -n "Stopping watchdog keepalive daemon: "
+           if start-stop-daemon --start --quiet \
+               --exec $KEEPALIVE_DAEMON -- $watchdog_options

where presumably the statement being echoed is incorrect.

Regards,

Adam