Re: Proposed diff for system-tools-backends (lenny)

Hola Adam D. Barratt!

El 13/12/2009 a las 15:05 escribiste:
> On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 11:35 -0300, Maximiliano Curia wrote:
> > I've been looking at bug #545358, it's a bug that only affects lenny, making
> > system-tools-backends quite useless (and also network-admin, shares-admin and
> > time-admin from gnome-system-tools).

> > By quite useless I mean, network-admin won't read nor write network
> > configurations from/to /etc/network/interfaces, shares-admin won't parse nor
> > generate /etc/samba/smb.conf, time-admin won't detect the currently defined
> > timezone.

> > The proposed patch is quite trivial. I think we should push the fixed version
> > to proposed-updates, what do you think?

> Thanks for the patch.  I've copied in the maintainer who introduced the
> change originally in system-tools-backends 2.6.0-2lenny2 for their
> comments.

This bug has been waiting with a proposed patch since September 6th without
any response from the package maintainers. Hence this mail to debian-release
asking for permission to upload the fixed version to proposed-updates.

It seems to me that the package maintainers of system-tools-backends don't
really care about the current stable version, so, would it be ok if I upload
the fixed version to proposed-updates?

Thanks,
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
		-- (Rich Cook)
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/