Re: libtre5 transition

Hi,

Santiago Vila wrote:
The following packages still depend on libtre4, which prevents tre
0.8.0-2 (providing libtre5) from entering testing:

crm114
elinks
msort

Should I report this as a bug, or should I just ask for a binary-only
NMU? Ideally, they should use the new API, which means using
tre/tre.h instead of tre/regex.h, but I believe this is an orthogonal
thing.

That depends on the relative priorities of having packages in testing using libtre5 and having packages using libtre5 and the new API. In either case, you should probably file bugs asking the packages to update to using the new API; if having libtre5 in testing is higher priority and a simple rebuild will correctly pick up the new dependency then you should also request binNMUs.

Regards,

Adam