Re: Upstream fixes in haproxy

Hi,

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 22:38 +0000, Arnaud Cornet wrote:
> Haproxy's upstream has fixed a lot of bugs in a stable version of
> haproxy, along with some documentation and more cosmetic fixes.
> Important bugfix patches can be easily isolated and applied to lenny's
> haproxy.
>
> I wish to have in proposed updates a package with all known upstream
> fixes. That is approximately 20 new patches of 50 lines average. They do
> fix quite important bugs.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I noticed that you've uploaded your package in the meantime.  Looking at
the diff, I noticed that there are 31 patches mentioned in the
changelog, rather than the 20 you mentioned.  If the patch filenames are
correct, then only two of them actually qualify as "critical" as
mentioned in the changelog (with one of the remainder being "medium").

Do you consider that all of the bugs in question are important enough to
be fixed in stable with no likelihood of breaking existing
installations?  The comments attached to one of the patches, for
example, indicate that the bug it fixes is "wrong (but apparently
harmless)".

Regards,

Adam