Re: open issues with the hppa port

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Andreas Barth<aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> As from release team point of view, it is necessary that there is a plan
> how hppa can and will return in the forseeable future to normal mode of
> operation, i.e. there are not many issues with e.g. architecture specific
> build failures.
>
> I'd welcome your feedback with a list of open current issues and how and
> when they will be resolved. It would be good to have that feedback before
> end of August to avoid the necessity to treat the hppa port as broken in
> regard to our testing migration scripts.

Just a quick update.

I am able to correctly build and test ruby1.9 in my nptl enabled chroot.

Previously ruby1.9 was not building (tests were failing) on hppa
because glibc was based on linuxthreads.

The debian-glibc team has the latest patches for the hppa nptl
transition, and I am working with them to enable the transition ASAP.

Cheers,
Carlos.