Re: Status of Haskell in unstable/testing

Hi,

Am Friday 28 August 2009 22:07:29 schrieb Florian Weimer:
> * Luk Claes:
> > Florian Weimer wrote:
> >> * Luk Claes:
> >>
> >> Is ia64 a registerized build (if this GHC-ism is still relevant)?
[..]

> Sorry, I tried to make clear that it's a GHC-ism.  There used to be a
> Perl script which was run on the assembler code created by GCC, using
> markers injected through asm directives to guide optimizations.
> Obivously, this was rather brittle.

To my knowledge this perl script still exists and is in use, but not on ia64.

from debian/rules of ghc6:
ifeq (,$(findstring $(DEB_HOST_ARCH), i386 amd64 kfreebsd-i386 kfreebsd-amd64
powerpc lpia))
	echo "GhcUnregisterised=YES" >> mk/build.mk

So ia64 seems to be unregisterized.

Cheers,
   Stefan.