Re: Bits from the release team: Release goals, schedule, state of the union

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 04:58:24 pm Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Steffen Joeris (steffen.joeris@skolelinux.de) [090826 08:53]:
> > For kernel-security support, we have Dann Frazier in the security team,
> > who is also working in the kernel team (and of course other kernel team
> > members might help on security behind the curtain).
>
> So your basic concern is: Who will support the kbsd-specific packages
> (kernel plus kernel-near userland)? (The other packages shouldn't be
> an issue, or?)
Yeah basically, I mean they should be supported from within the security team,
but I was wondering, whether we have a particular individual appointed for it
(like for the linux kernel) or how the details should look like.

I just reread my first response to Marc and saw that it could have been read as
very sarcastic and rude, my apologies that wasn't the intention I wrote that
sentence in a hurry.

Cheers
Steffen

P.S. The comments/ideas/questions in this thread are my own, not the view of
the security team.

P.P.S. We could probably drop -devel from this thread.