Re: Pidgin SSL issue - proposed-updates

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 09:26:46AM -0400, Ari Pollak wrote:
> Bug #542891 covers a security bug that will probably be getting a CVE
> number and affects all supported versions of Debian, but the security
> team indicated that it isn't important enough to warrant a DSA. So I was
> planning on uploading an update to lenny and etch with the fix.

That's ok.  It would be cool however if you could post debdiffs for
both before you upload them to proposed-updates.

> Also, pidgin 2.5.9-1 fixes another security bug and is waiting to go
> into testing due to some buildd delays. Can this be sped up?

It's entangled with a transition of perl but I poked the wanna-build
database a bit to speed up building on ia64 and mipsel (armel is already
there now).

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager