Re: Security update for ‘burn’ package

This one time, at band camp, Ben Finney said:
> Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 03:57:34PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > > The package ‘burn’ has a security bug open, assigned the alert
> > > number TEMP-0542329 “burn: Insecure escaping of file names”. I have
> > > been advised to make a bug-fix release of this package for ‘stable’
> > > and send a ‘debdiff’ output to this forum.

What I think Ben means is that there is an issue with his package that
doesn't warrant a DSA, but that he would like to see fixed in stable.

Ben:

the archives have plenty of examples of similar requests if you want to
look for a common way of asking to make it easier for the RT to pick
them up and process them, but it boils down to sending the diff that
you'd like to see in the stable upload along with a request for
permission to upload.

I'm cc'ing you as I assume you don't regularly read this list.