Re: version screwup: any recourse besides epoch?

Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org> wrote:

> I screwed up and released tiff 3.9.0beta+deb1 to experimental earlier
> this week instead of 3.9.0~beta+deb1.  Now I'd like to upload 3.9.0 to
> unstable.  I really don't want to introduce an epoch.  Is it possible to
> make 3.9.0beta+deb1 just disappear?  It's never been anywhere but
> experimental, and it's only been there for two days.  Otherwise, I'll
> have to think about whether to introduce an epoch or to just contort the
> version for this one release, like 3.9.0+final.  I hate to use an epoch
> to fix a typo instead of to handle a genuine change to the version
> numbering scheme.  Advice welcome.  I'll delay my 3.9.0 upload a bit
> until I get an answer.

Please disregard.  I figured it out.  I'm going to upload 3.9.0 to
unstable, which will work fine because it's newer than 3.8.2.  I'll
upload 4.0.0beta3 to experimental which will clear out 3.9.0beta+deb1.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>