Re: sbuild bug #395271 on various buildds

Tim Retout wrote:
> There is a bug in sbuild on various buildds (at least hppa, ia64, mips,
> mipsel, s390, sparc) with versioned dependencies and virtual packages.
> The details are in bug #395271, and it was fixed in sbuild 0.57.4-1.

versioned dependencies on virtual packages are not supported and are
still a bug AFAICS.

> The end result is that various RC bug fixes are not moving into testing.
> Packages affected include libdbd-sqlite3-perl and sympa (but probably
> more - arch-dependent packages build-depending on more recent versions
> of perl libraries that are also provided in the perl-modules package are
> just the ones I'm noticing most).

The respective packages need to be fixed IMHO.

> I don't know who to talk to to get this fixed. :)  Do I have to persuade
> six sets of individual buildd maintainers that the patch from the bug
> needs applying?  Could the release team help to persuade them that this
> is important (indeed, release-critical)?

This is an ongoing process, having a more recent sbuild on them is also
needed to properly support new package format for instance...

Cheers

Luk