Re: bug #540147 metapixel Uninstalable: depends on libungif4g which has been removed

Luk Claes wrote:
> Unfortunately a binNMU will not fix this as the transitional packages in
> giflib are gone, so you have to change the build dependency on
> libungif4-dev to libgif-dev.

while it's good to finally update the packages build-depending on
giflib, the latter still provides the old names.

debian:/home/user# apt-get install libungif4-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting libgif-dev instead of libungif4-dev
  libgif-dev libgif4 libice6 libsm6 libx11-6 libx11-data libxau6 libxcb1
libxdmcp6 x11-common
  libgif-dev libgif4 libice6 libsm6 libx11-6 libx11-data libxau6 libxcb1
libxdmcp6 x11-common
0 upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1530kB of archives.
After this operation, 5452kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y^C
debian:/home/user#

if i'm missing something why you can't do binNMUs here, please tell me.

Regards,
Daniel